Coolant Color

Peter Schulz pcschulz at
Tue Jun 13 17:06:04 EDT 2006

lots of irate and ancedotal information...

what's the science behind the root cause of the issues?

I'm also running the prestone orange in a number of vehicles with
none of the adverse effects...

At 04:35 PM 6/13/2006, Brett Dikeman wrote:

>On Jun 13, 2006, at 12:51 PM, TooManyAudis at wrote:
> > Yes, but, the discussion has also centered around the question as
> > to  whether
> > any antifreeze other than Pentosin is acceptable.  If the Prestone
> > Extended
> > Life (orange color) is not acceptable, I'd like to know why.
>Note how virtually every other hit is about problems or lawsuits...
>200q20v mailing list

-Peter Schulz
Chelmsford Ma, USA

1991 200 20v Q Avant Titan Grey
1991 200 20v Q Avant Indigo Mica
1991 90 20v Q Red

1990 CQ silver (awaiting S2 engine transplant)
1991 CQ silver  (potentially replacing the 1990 for  the transplant)
1990 CQ red ( to part or not)