Schaible, David David.Schaible at
Tue Mar 21 08:28:32 EST 2006

I use nitrogen instead of compressed air for a lot of applications for
various reasons, usually to prevent or control the adverse effects of
oxygen and it is generally more steady in impurities and humidity seems like serious overkill for passenger car
race cars or planes use nitrogen in tires?

David Schaible

JRS Pharma LP
2981 Rte 22
Patterson, NY 12563

-----Original Message-----
From: Kent McLean [mailto:kentmclean at]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 10:24 PM
To: 200q20v at
Subject: Re: Nitrogen??

TooManyAudis at wrote:
> This is  common practice in the aerospace business to use nitrogen in
> airplane tires  for many years.
> Costco is also filling new tires with nitrogen as a example  in the
> automotive market, there may be other tire outlets as well doing
> this. So, what happens when you need to add some more air
> (nitrogen) to the  tires?   Do you have to got to Costco to get it
> topped off with  Nitrogen?

The last time I got tires, the local tire store offered a Nitrogen
fill for $5/tire, guaranteed for the life of the tire.  You had to
conditions (like having them check the tire pressure every x
weeks). I politely passed on it, since I knew I'd need air while
away from their store.

Kent McLean
'94 100 S Avant, "Moody"
'89 200 TQ, "Bad Puppy" up in smoke

200q20v mailing list

This e-mail has been scanned by MCI Message Labs Anti-Spam and
Anti-Virus Managed Email Content Service.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by a Managed Email Content Service.