plug wire issue

Phil Rose pjrose at
Sat May 20 14:52:53 EDT 2006

That, sadly, is an old, old problem often mentioned on this
list...and  is why no one (with a 3B) should try to order the Bosch
wires. The "specified" Bosch part #  for 3B wires is consistently not
the correct size for the 3B. You can't fight city hall...or Bosch's
teutonic rigidity.

There are various alternatives that people have used--I believe
Magnecor sells a set that works in the 3B, and last time I checked
there was a set (Beru?) available from Blau (which is the option I

At 12:50 PM -0400 5/20/06, andyschlueter wrote:
>i just got my new bosch wires in. turns out they are too short and match the
>7a plug wire length. so i went to bosch's web site to check part numbers and
>turns out bosch lists the 7a and 3b plug wires with the same part number.
>what to do.
>here are the lengths as i found in another post
>>FWIW, ETKA lists the following lengths:
>>#1 = 760mm
>>#2&3 = 600mm
>>#4&5 = 440 mm
>>#1 = 880mm
>>#2 = 760mm
>>#3 = 700mm
>>#4 = 580mm
>>#5 = 500mm
>I mesured mine an found i have the 7a lengths and not the 3b.
>Andrew W. Schlueter
>'91 Audi 200tq20v Avant
> <>
>200q20v mailing list