Fuel line...

Mike Del Tergo mdeltergo at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 13 18:02:42 EST 2006

My theory being too much pressure = too much gas (leaks or otherwise).  Gas
breaks down oil and thins it enough to slide past rings and burn or possibly
evap.  I'll know more tomorrow as I take a 600 miler.  The trip 2 weeks ago
about 25.2, last week trip about 22.3.  Virtually all variables near
identical down to temps and time of day.  We'll see.

From: "Derek Pulvino" <dbpulvino at hotmail.com>
I suspect the following is part typo:

"I also replaced the FPR while there as my car has been going through a bit
of oil as well as 10-15% fuel usage variations on identical trips and I
figured the FPR could be the culprit."

I understand how the FPR could be part of mileage variations, but not so
much be related to oil usage.  Did that replacement help in alieviating your

Derek P