Thermostat Replacement

CLAG500 at CLAG500 at
Sun Nov 26 17:51:11 EST 2006

Thanks guys. I ended up just going for the thermostat when I realized  it was
the a/c compressor below it and not the alternator. Pretty tough job as  far
as t-stat replacements go. Was able to catch most of the coolant and took
about 2 gal to re-fill with new so I assume most of it came out.
In a message dated 11/26/2006 12:00:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
200q20v-request at writes:

Date:  Sun, 26 Nov 2006 08:49:06 EST
From: Rbade12 at
Subject: Re:  Thermostat Replacement
To: sidman at,  200q20v at

In a message dated 11/25/2006 6:18:39 PM Central  Standard Time,
sidman at writes:

The  easiest  way to drain off some coolant, in my humble opinion, is to
loosen  the  heater hose at the back of the engine, passenger side. This is
the   Bentley recommendation.  Recovering the coolant is futile, so   be
prepared to put in fresh coolant.

I agree, but, that  doesn't get all of it. The lower hose on the aux
will  complete the task. It's a bit of a bugger to access without taking  the
front end off but can be  done.