Heavy oil usage...

Brett Dikeman brett at cloud9.net
Wed Sep 20 23:55:04 EDT 2006

On Sep 19, 2006, at 2:13 PM, Feelstranger wrote:

> Well, at 155 K miles, I am suffering serious oil burning.  It all
> started
> when I switched over to synthetic oil, though, that could be
> coincidence.
> Roughly  1qt per tank of gas

There's something seriously wrong if you are using that much oil, and
that kind of oil consumption will cause lots of other problems.  Clog
the cats, leave lots of carbon in the combustion chamber, dirty the
valves, etc.

Stop driving the car until you figure out what it is, or things will
only get more expensive.