running rich

Brandon Rogers brogers at
Tue Apr 3 17:30:42 EDT 2007

oh yeah I also did the O2 sensor - forgot I did that obvious one...
What would you suggest WRT to the ISV - clean it?  How would that affect
MFTS - mutherscratcher - and I just had the IM off, too....
thanks Kneale-

-----Original Message-----
From: Kneale Brownson [mailto:knealeski at]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 2:58 PM
To: brogers at; '200q20v'
Subject: Re: running rich

Your O2 sensor,  your ISV, the multifunction temperature sensor and,
possibly, the reprogramming of the ECU could all contribute to rich
running, I believe.

Brandon Rogers <brogers at> wrote:

Trying to correct a rich running car-
Stock 3B although running RS2 turbo and EM and software.

In the past year or so I have replaced the coolant temp sensor in back
of head and fuel pressure regulator. I pressure tested the system
recently and the F5DPOR (I think thats correct) plugs, cap and rotor
have less than 20k miles on them.

I plan to swap in some different injectors in the next couple days.
Other than software - what else would cause rich running?