Summer tires mess up handling?

Thomas Mesich tmesich at
Fri Apr 20 17:56:56 EDT 2007

Thanks Ed,

The pressure is 32 all the way around.  The tires are Eagle F1 GS-D3 and are directional but they are installed correctly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Kellock [mailto:ekellock at]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 4:37 PM
To: Thomas Mesich
Cc: 200q20v at
Subject: Re: Summer tires mess up handling?

Have you checked the tire pressures?

Are the tires directional?  If so, are you sure they're all on
"pointed" in the right direction"

Have you tried to rotate them to see if the behavior changes/moves/goes away?

The difference in feel between your 2 sets of tires will most likely
be very noticeable even if everything is in order.  Wider/heavier is
going to be felt.

I know I almost always miss my snows for a while when I put my summers back on.