Euro Headlight bulbs

Henry A Harper III hah at
Wed Dec 12 09:56:44 PST 2007

> One of the bulbs in my Euro headlights has lost its low beam. I
> checked the
> wires and fuses and all is otherwise well. Before I go to the trouble of
> getting into the driver side headlamp I would like to upgrade the bulb
> wattage in both.  Does anyone have a source/recommendation for a higher
> wattage longer-lasting bulb for '91 200 20V Euro headlamps ??

It's my understanding that you can have higher wattage OR longer life, but
not both. I've used normal-wattage Sylvania/Osram H4s in two cars with
eurolights for over ten years and have had only one failure to date. That
seems pretty good to me.

1991 200 quattro, 123k?, pump->rack hose & bomb in, not quite enough tools
for distributor
1988 GTI 16v, 258k