rear wheel bearings help

Geraint Lloyd geraintlloyd_qc at
Sat Dec 22 11:23:07 PST 2007

Hi guys,

Just a quick problem regarding wheel bearing parts

I have a rear WB dead on the 1989 200 10V Quattro.

Could someone confirm that the bearing is the same as on the front of the

I know that the kit part numbers are different, but the bearing should be
the same shouldn't it?

The 10v uses the same hub front and rear...

Only my parts guys say that it's a different bearing without the shoulder,
but ETKA is not so sure

I only ask since I have a limited amount of time left to sort this before
everyone shuts for Christmas

Plus I am more than a little bit busy drilling a gas well 3 hours up the
road and fracturing a shale well 1.5 hours away.....

That excuse comes in too late for WIKI time, but there it is

Ta and merry Christmas