Boost gauge install

Eric Huppert dragracer at
Sun Feb 4 14:57:39 EST 2007

Thanks for the info, exactly the kind of answer I was looking for!

So just to make sure... E36 = 91-99 3 series?

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Taka Mizutani [mailto:t44tqtro at]
  Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2007 11:21 AM
  To: DGraber460 at
  Cc: kisselll at; dragracer at; 200q20v at;
quattro at
  Subject: Re: Boost gauge install

  Definitely not going to work on a type 44- BTDT.

  Your best bet is to find a pod for an E36 BMW- it's pretty close in
profile, with a heat
  gun and some careful trimming to better match the contour, you could get
it to fit fairly well.

  On 2/3/07, DGraber460 at <DGraber460 at> wrote:

    In a message dated 2/3/2007 1:11:23 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
    kisselll at writes:

    > 2.  Anyone have a brand/model # of a pod that fit the pillar somewhat
    >  reasonably? Flaps has some generic ones, but looks like the gauge
    >  angle
    > won't be right. Could use the gauge cup but would like it to be  a
    > more subtle. (Yep, no bling!)

    Doesn't  Autometer offer a pillar pod for the URS4?  Has anyone tried
that in
    a  Type 44?