Pressure Tester (was Surging and erratic boost

Mike Del Tergo mdeltergo at
Wed Jan 3 07:28:10 EST 2007

Not sure about boost, but just like the old oil fill cap test, my 5KTQ would not start if the dipstick was pulled out. I assume thats why the O rings
From: PeterBergin at Curious, I have never heard of a check valve their.  Would like to  find out.  The dipstick has a couple of O-rings on it.  That might be  why my car (chipped) seldom sees over 1.6 on the dash gauge.  Once in a  blue moon I will get a sudden surge up to 1.7 or 1.8. Could I be dumping boost into my crankcase?  Never considered it as  possible. Pete
Get into the holiday spirit, chat with Santa on Messenger.