Could the wrong 3b rotor trash a motor?

CLAG500 at CLAG500 at
Thu Jan 11 17:19:41 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/11/2007 11:02:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pjrose at writes:

>Sorry to hear about your engine and I hope you'll get  the car back on the
Thank you. I will get it back on the road. Will have a lot of new parts on  it

>My first thought is: You said you could check your rotor  easily, so
>did I miss the part where you told us what the heck you  found????
Oh yes. I forgot that I had posted this with pictures to another forum. My
car has the incorrect rotor that was installed by the PO. Car was serviced at s
 place that works on a lot of older Audis so when I got the car and it had a
new  dist cap and wires I assumed the rotor was good. Actually had forgotten
about  the narrow rotor until reading the recent posts here about it. The
incorrect  rotor has a contact that is almost twice as wide as the narrow one.
  Here is picture of the correct 3b rotor
  Here is the rotor on my car.