Request for Advice - Totalled '91 200 20V TQ

Bernie Benz b.benz at
Mon Jan 15 00:36:29 EST 2007

Pete, comment below.

> From: PeterBergin at
> Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 20:56:21 EST
> To: mikemilr at
> Cc: 200q20v at
> Subject: Re: Request for Advice - Totalled '91 200 20V TQ
> Hi mike, a bunch of little stuff on my list.
> 1.  A fully working IC cluster,  I have  tried several times to repair my
> check display with no luck.
Did mine by adding small telephone wires on the surface of ground and power
traces across the thin PC section between existing solder points on each
trace. solved.
> 2.  Drivers side black sport seat in good shape  with working seat heater.
Working seat heaters, you¹re kidding! Repaired mine twice, forget it! The
old horse deserves a stable, garage it.
> 3.  Seat heater dash switch.
Easily repaired, take it apart and fix it.
> 4.  Avant lower chrome and rubber side window  trim.
> 5.  Brass distributor gear, (will do the group buy  if it happens).
Sorry that you missed mine.
> 6.  Audi oval emblem that goes on the frond fender  trim.
> 7.  Recircleation flap vacuum servo, mount broke  off of flap.
ABS pipe cement?
> 8.  Glove box light assembly.
Early causality, who cares?
> 9.  Non leaking windshield washer fluid tank, mine  leaks when filled
> more that 1/2 way.
What¹s wrong with half way full?
> 10. Working steering column switch for the cruise  control.
If you remove the switch, you¹ll find a broken ground wire in the lever
bundle. Replace with a high flex wire, such as solder de wick stuff.