Another leak.....this time oil pan.....

Kneale Brownson knealeski at
Thu Jul 5 21:13:03 EDT 2007

I think all the pan bolts are M6, but they vary in length some.  OEMs are Alan heads.

John Lagnese <jlagnese at> wrote:  I would just get basic metric thread. If there isn't a collar, wide head,
get a washer.

-----Original Message-----
From: 200q20v-bounces at [mailto:200q20v-bounces at] On
Behalf Of Jim Fleischer
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 6:33 PM
To: 200q20v at
Subject: Another leak.....this time oil pan.....

Hey guys,

After running around the engine bay after a good clean and oil change,
tracked down what I hope is my oil leak. Found two missing oil pan bolts,
and three loose ones in the same area. Tightened up the three loose ones
for the time being, and wonder what to do next? Replace the two that are
missing, torque everything down and hope for the best? Replace the oil pan
gasket when I replace the bolts? Try one, and if that doesn't work, then go
all the way? BTW, a part # for the oil pan bolts if anyone has a minute,
and once again, are they dealer only? Thanks a bunch!

Best regards,

Jim Fleischer
'91 200 TQ
'95 S6 avant