Replacing Turbo

Brandon Rogers brogers at
Wed Jul 18 11:40:09 EDT 2007

I think you just need to clock the cold side a little - easy.  Some of
the nuts are hard to get at namely, IIRC, the front upper EM>>turbo and
the lower turbo>>DP.  But there is nothing crazy hard. Overall I would
say it's a pretty easy swap.

-----Original Message-----
From: 200q20v-bounces at [mailto:200q20v-bounces at]
On Behalf Of Derek Pulvino
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 9:10 AM
To: 200q20V mailing list
Subject: Replacing Turbo

Quick question to see if anybody has any hints on this job.  I've got
a low mileage turbo pulled from an S4 coming my way and looking at
things I imagine it will be pretty straightforward unbolt/bolt.  The
only thing I can see is there may be a couple bolts that will be
tough to get at and remove.

Anybody who's done this have any helpful hints or pitfalls I should
watch out for before I delve in?  Is the alignment of the intake/
exhaust porting the same on both turbos or will I have to rotate things?

Any input would be appreciated.

Derek P