Alternator ailments resolved

Kenneth Keith auditude at
Fri Jun 29 13:18:13 EDT 2007

Or alternator brushes on the voltage regulator, since it is also the
brush holder in these particular ones, as opposed to other apps or
conversions that have an external VR and separate brush holder.

Anyone do the external VR conversion, by the way? Seems like it might
help to get it away from the hot alt, and also supposedly provides for
a higher voltage to catch up better than the stock Bosch one.

Kneale Brownson <knealeski at>