Aiming Euro Lights....

Bernie Benz b.benz at
Sat Mar 24 13:53:54 EDT 2007

I¹ve done so as follows:

Find a poorly lighted parking garage with level floor and solid vertical
wall and having an expansion joint in the floor perpendicular to the wall.
Align and position the car (driver¹s side tires) with the joint, headlights
20¹ from wall. Using your tape as a plumb bob, chalk mark a joint vertical
extension line up the wall. Snap a horizontal chalk line on the wall in
front of the car at the height of the headlight CL less 3². (Only the low
beams are adjusted, the highs following the low adjustment. Good highs, the
hot spot should be centered on the center X of each HL, but not adjustable)
Measure distances from joint to horizontal HL CL and transfer these
distances into vertical CL marks across the horizontal aim line. That¹s the

Adust one headlight at a time with the other one covered. The low beam
shadow line should fall on the H line and the step up or angle up transition
point of the shadow line should fall on the vertical CL for each HL.