Stripped spark plug hole in head!!!HELP

Tony Hoffman auditony at
Thu Mar 29 13:56:48 EDT 2007

Well, since you mention helicoil.......We did this to a Toyota truck years
ago, the helicoil lasted about 50K. On a car I actually cared about, I
would find another head, personally. But, It is possible. We used red
loctite, and did it on the truck, without pulling the head. But, the truck
was a POS hunting/fishing/general work type of truck, so it didn't really
matter. Do you really want metal shavings (alluminum or not) in your engine?
If not, you will have to pull the head. Might as well find another at that

Just my $.02
Tony Hoffman