intermittant heavy load on Alternator?

Nathan Winters natewin at
Wed Nov 21 11:36:55 PST 2007

I had suggested that in the past, so I took it offline this time.  Here's it is for keeping track I guess.  I believe it is worth looking into on any car with this splice in there.

----- Original Message ----
From: Feelstranger <feelstranger at>
To: Nathan Winters <natewin at>
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:24:37 P
Subject: Re: intermittant heavy load on Alternator?

Well, I did not open the heat shrink at the splice and look, so perhaps
should.  After the initial burn, I looks at that splice, and found no
evidence of heat, and have never found it warm while running so assumed
was OK.
Never any trouble starting...
Yes, relying on the dash meter for voltage.
Guess I'll take a look at that splice just for fun.