UFO Brakes

suffolkd at aol.com suffolkd at aol.com
Wed Oct 3 14:31:58 PDT 2007

The 200 20V will fair better than an UrS4/6 because of the OEM rotors because of the weight of
the UrS4 AND the UFO's "thermal mass" vs G60 rotors..

Its ALL going to depend how you drive your car.? Club events / DE's or full fledged "racing"?

I've tracked (ACNA "HP"DE) the 200 20V w/UFO's...... Fine with Dot 4 syn / simple street pads:
BUT I don't run 10/10 into braking boxes (120 MPH backing off into the bus stop)
2.7T A6's can run 126 - 130 MPH into there.? The Glen, Mont Tremblant, NHIS, LRP... all worked fine for me.

I condense my braking into certain areas and save the brakes as long as possible.
The sedan HAS the OEM braking ducts.
I'd put larger ducts in to cool the UFO thermal mass Taka refers to.

If you're looking to do an event. NEW pads and fluid flush *should* cover it.
If you're looking to get everything out of your car (remember its 16 years old) upgrades would be prudent

-Scott by BOSTON