instrument cluster repair

Kneale Brownson knealeski at
Fri Oct 26 18:29:43 PDT 2007

You probably should add to your tools one of the solder suckers.  A gun or wick.  Use it to clean old solder off.

PyRo <pyro_10314 at> wrote:  So i'm gonna attempt to fix my instrument cluster this
weekend. I read about it on sjm and chris millers site
plus i have the bentley if things really get sketchy.
I only have a couple of questions that i hope can be
answered. I went to radio shack and bought a 15 watt
soldering gun, on the package it says for delicate
circuit boards/ static free. Is there a better type i
should get? One with a really thin tip perhaps. Then
i got rosin core solder also. Is there a need to clean
the old solder points so that the solder will hold. Is
applying flux even necessary with the type of solder
that i have. I think thats all the questions for now
but if someone knows an important factor that i left
out, please let me know. tia

Do You Yahoo!?