Wheel Refurb

Tom Egbert tomegbert1323 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 09:24:00 EDT 2007

The stock 20v turbo wheels appear to have a polished, clear-coated lip
painted basketweave.  Paint seems to hold-up well; clear coat cracks,
polished outer area tends to oxidize and look ugly.
Any BTDT on DIY refurb of that area?
    Just got my first set of original wheels on a 20v and was looking for the same answer. Griot's garage just sent me a catolog with silver alloy wheel paint and clear laquer restoration kit. Kit is enough for a set of four and costs 60$.
     Everything I have used from Griot's is top notch. Anyone else tried this? How much prep is involved?