latest boost saga with the 200

robert weinberg centaurus3200 at
Sat Dec 13 11:41:38 PST 2008

thanks austin.

here's Dan Eckerman's email from 034:

We've spent A LOT of time on the boost issue.  We pressure tested all intake plumbing post turbo,
there was a leak in one of the vacuum lines and it was replaced.  The
wastegate actuation is working, it was opened to inspect diaphragm
which was in good shape.  The signal from the ECU to the N75 valve was
verified, and we put in a known working N75 valve to ensure there was
no discrepancy.  Checked the turbo for endplay and restriction, and
pretty much everything else external that sees pressure.

--- On Sat, 12/13/08, Austin Calise <yoda_audi at> wrote:
From: Austin Calise <yoda_audi at>
Subject: Re: latest boost saga with the 200
To: 200q20v at
Date: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 11:07 AM

Robby, sounds like a bad WGFV to me. My car had the same issue when I first got
and that's what it was. You can run the output tests with a paper clip and
see if it's clicking. All you need to do is turn the key to the on position
and jumper the diagnostic ports with a paper clip as seen here> keep jumpering the ports insert
paper clip for few secs.> then remove wait for the CEL to start blinking and
repeat until you get to the WGFV N75 test. The N75 is located by the bypass
valve if you don't hear it click there's your boost issue and even if it
does click it could still not be working right.

 HTH's Austin