latest on boost saga

Mike Miller mikemilr at
Wed Dec 17 19:59:48 PST 2008

Thanks, Robby - glad it seems the problem is solved. Guess I am not sure
just which hose is the ECU MAP hose.

Put on some snow tires and come to MT and we can try it out. Believe me,
boost is *awesome" at 10- 20 deg below air temps but one does have to watch
out for the ice <g>

----- Original Message -----
From: robert weinberg
To: 200q20v at
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 8:41 PM
Subject: Re: latest on boost saga

awesome post Mike!

well, i got the call from dan at 034 at 5pm. according to them, they have
finally solved the issue. they said nearly every ground wire and terminal
was corroded. they said the ecu MAP hose was leaky too.

i decided to give ian back his ia3+ ecu and go for the $250 discount on the
034 stage I (280 HP) and 3 bar notched MAP sensor.

they said the car lit up the street repeatedly and without fail. and,
according to their tech Nate, it's hella fast (SF bay area ;-)

so, pulling the turbo was an expensive endevor (even at their buddy deal
$55/hr), but at least i know every inch of the car has been gone over by
javad and crew.

gonna pick it up tomorrow. and being it's an old T44 audi, i fully expect
the problem to recurr on the way home ;-)

see ya,