Curious about HP possibilities

Brett Dikeman brett at
Wed Jan 2 20:24:15 PST 2008

On Jan 2, 2008, at 1:15 PM, Richard Harris wrote:

>  according to most of people I've corresponded with, the distributor
> ignition on the 3B limits
> my possibilities.

That's a ~630HP engine, and it's got a distributor.  Draw your own

I couldn't find a clear picture showing where the wires go on the 20v
IMSA cars, or for the S1 rally cars...

Nobody has ever explained to my satisfaction how this cross-firing
situation is possible.  There's 72 degrees on the distributor between
cylinders, timing is done by the ECU off a hall sensor, and
electricity always takes the path of least resistance...