Coolant temp sensor?

Phil Rose pjrose at
Wed Jan 16 12:41:10 PST 2008

The coolant warning display flashing on (when
level and temp are both OK) is a symptom of a
defective MFTS. Low boost-pressure and
inoperative A/C compressor are also symptoms of a
bad MFTS, but the dead temp-gauge is a "dead
giveaway". The MFTS sensor is located on the
coolant flange pipe on the side (driver's) of the

At 12:24 PM -0500 1/16/08, Jean-François Roldan wrote:
>Hi all,
>last weekend, the coolant temp light came on
>beeping in my car. When I got home, I rechecked
>the level in the subtank and all was fine, I
>added a little bit in it but there was no reason
>to trigger the dash light.
>Since then, every time I use the car, I get the
>beeping after a few seconds of running.
>Car heats normally, no coolant smell, but the
>gauge that was not moving a lot before is now
>totally dead.
>Could the dead gauge trigger the dash light, or
>it is really the sensor at the bottom of the
>It was too cold to check it out yesterday, but today is quite warm...
>Thanks all
>91 200 tqa
>200q20v mailing list

*  Phil & Judy Rose           Rochester, NY  *
*        mailto:pjrose at       *