AC condensor

Kneale Brownson knealeski at
Tue Jul 1 05:03:22 PDT 2008

I had to replace mine on my 200q20v sedan. Had a huge rust hole in it discovered right after I paid some guy $100 for an R12 fillup.  For some reason it held the vacuum for half an hour, but blew out after 10 minutes of operating with a full charge.  The condenser is specific to the 200q20v.  That is, the condenser for a 10-valve is different and will not install properly.

PeterBergin at wrote:  Any one have any experience with purchasing and installing an AC condenser?
I recharged my AC (bone dry this year) with an R-12 replacement. System
worked great for about 1/2 hour than stopped. I found a leak in my condenser
(wet spot) and could hear the gas escaping.

Thanks, Pete

fuel-efficient used cars. (