sloppy shifter - turn bose stereo

robert weinberg centaurus3200 at
Mon Jul 7 06:29:32 PDT 2008

thanks for all the info,

i think i'm playing hookie today from work to take care of the audi. sssshhhh ;-)

i'll see if audi of oakland can deal with the recall today. i also need an oil change and have them check the tranny and differential fluids. plus i need to go to the dmv to register the car. i doubt they'll have the parts available to do the recall on the spot - which begs the question - the amps are only time bombs with power going to them, correct? can they just disconnect the amps for now?

the car has made it 17y ears without going up in flames, but i'd rather not test my luck. not even so much for the car's sake, but for our apartment building's sake - we have 4 tenants.