rear wheel bearing

alancordeiro at alancordeiro at
Sun Jun 8 09:17:16 PDT 2008

I did not know there was a difference between fronts and rears...I just had
two kits from quite a while back, used them on the two rears...then when it
came time to do the front wheels. I ordered two more kits....they looked
identical to the previous, I do not recall any nylon inset nuts, there were
two circlip washers and two axle bolts in each, the rears need two circlips,
the fronts only need one.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kneale Brownson" <knealeski at>
To: "Bernie Benz" <b.benz at>
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: rear wheel bearing

Stop NUTS are those nuts with an insert in the threads that don't require a
lock washer to keep them in place.  You reuse axle bolts?  They're all
supposed to be one-time uses aren't they?  They're supposed to stretch in
the last 1/4 turn after reaching torque stretch, aren't they?

Bernie Benz <b.benz at> wrote:  No, What's a stop bolt?