rear wheel bearing

alancordeiro at alancordeiro at
Sun Jun 8 14:07:58 PDT 2008

It is remotely possible that the front uses ZERO circlips....I had given the bearings to a local machine shop
who did the work. I do recall getting SOME circlips back, so I know the fronts use FEWER circlips, than the rear
and the answer may either be ONE per side or ZERO per side.

Hopefully someone else knows the answer, my memory is not too good from two years back.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kneale Brownson
  To: alancordeiro at
  Cc: 200q20v at
  Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 12:32 PM
  Subject: Re: rear wheel bearing

  ETKA shows the same part number for fronts and rears except the rears have an "F" suffix.  The front kits I got from Autohausaz have the right part number of the box, but do not have any circlips.  They have an axle bolt and the bolt for the ball joint stem opening and a couple stop nuts.  Should I try some other supplier or can the OEM circlips be reused?

  alancordeiro at wrote:

    I did not know there was a difference between fronts and rears...I just had
    two kits from quite a while back, used them on the two rears...then when it
    came time to do the front wheels. I ordered two more kits....they looked
    identical to the previous, I do not recall any nylon inset nuts, there were
    two circlip washers and two axle bolts in each, the rears need two circlips,
    the fronts only need one.