Help with valuation

Mike Miller mikemilr at
Thu Mar 20 13:16:12 PDT 2008

Thanks for the idea Pete - however Montana doesn't have any sales tax ;-)  I
will go after the value of the license tags though as they has been renewed
4 days earlier. But that's only $60. Heck, there is that much in gas in the
gas tank!

----- Original Message -----
From: PeterBergin at
To: mikemilr at
Cc: 200q20v at
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:37 PM
Subject: Re: Help with valuation

One small thing that might help is that your insurance company is required
to give you the sales tax amount added to what ever price you agree on with
the adjuster.  Reason being is that you are loosing the tax not paid on a
trade in to a dealer.  Just went through that two weeks ago when my 78 year
old mother totaled a 2002 Volvo S70 AWD wagon.  I would bring in car
listings that are for sale as proof or remove you lights and other options
and sell them separate if they are still good.  Are cars are so old it is
getting hard to get much for them any more.

Good Luck
91 Avant