low boost + high idle

Kneale Brownson knealeski at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 5 12:19:00 PDT 2008

For air leak tests:  http://www.blackfoot.net/~hlm5860/Tester.html
  Other boost testings:  http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/trouble_shooting/20vboost.html

Jean-François Roldan <roldan_jf at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I just changed my bypass valve because the car was dying when
decelerating (mostly when cold) and was told it would be the culprit.
Well, it did it again once this morning...

I also changed my WG spring with the 034 1.9.

Though I feel more boost early when accelerating than before, I can't
get higher than 1.4 when I easily got 1.6-1.7 before. The car feels
sluggish (even my wife said that she noticed the car was slow) and is
running high rpm at idle.

I suspect a vacuum leak and possibly the ISV? Is it easy to remove and
clean? I went through the search and would also check the WGFV? any
procedure here on how to check that one?

Trouvez vos infos rapidement et précisément avec Windows Live Instant Search ! Essayez-le maintenant!