My Audi stalled

Adam Gratz adamgratz at
Sun Nov 30 13:13:40 PST 2008

I have the same issue. Started about two weeks after I replaced the ignition
switch. I'm blaming it on low quality electrical switch, oem from SSF

Will let you know when I get around to digging it out and testing it.

91 3B Avant

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 16:42:08 -0600
From: Adam <drunken__polak at>
Subject: RE: My Audi 200 stalled
To: <200q20v at>

So I got that molstly resolved, it turns outr ineeded a new battery. Now Ive
installed the battery, everytime i hook it up, all of the cars accesories
turn on ( winshiwield wipers, climate control ) and the keys are nowhere
near the ingnition. Theres no way to turn everything off unless the battery
is unplugged... The car doesnt start at all now....Might it have something
to do with the starter?

-----Original Message-----From: Adam <drunken__polak at>To:
200q20v at audifans.comSent: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 1:32 pmSubject: My Audi 200

Hi ,I Just bought a 1990 Audi 200 Turbo (auto) for 800$, took her for atest
drive and she was purring like a kitten, she was in mint condition in and
out so
i decided to buy it. After driving it for a little while, no more than half
hour, as i approached astop , it lost power and just dies on me. I started
back up after a minute or two and it fired up after a little bit of
The I drove it around for another 5-10 minutes and again she just died. At
point i decided to call a friend in  need of a boost , he came and we triend
boosting it but it wasnt starting at all, in fact the car seemed to have
less life than at first.the person i bought it from had the cars for only a
months in the summer and didnt really drive it or know what was wrong with
because he never got it checked.Also an important detailis its-20*C ouside
im from, so it might have something ot do with it, i dont know much about
so not sure.... what are some of the first steps i should take if im not
to drop all my money foolishly.... so any help would be greatThanks,