Starter lock out?

Mike Miller mikemilr at
Sat Oct 25 08:42:11 PDT 2008

Have you tried locking both the drivers and passenger doors with the key and
then unlocking them?

----- Original Message -----
From: Rbade12
To: 200q20v at
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 8:05 AM
Subject: Starter lock out?

I get no click from the solenoid upon turning the key. Ignition switch is
new, starter is known working, battery is newer, solenoid wire is good,
ground is good.

Audiworld and SJM mention an antitheft relay, #8 and removing it and jumping
36 to 38. I have no #8 relay and it is jumpered and it appears a factory
jump. The cover of the fuse box labels it as "starter lock-out AT" , which
I'd persume to mean Auto Tranny, so I'd wager none of our cars have this

Is there another version of starter lock-out on the 20v? I see no mention in
Bentley or any other resource available.

Thanks,  Bob    91 200q20v