Shift linkage starting to get notchy.

Tony Hoffman auditony at
Thu Apr 9 15:38:28 PDT 2009

I've had this happen to two cars, and replacing the ball and socket
part on the trans is what fixed it. For some reason, when it gets play
in it the shifts get much harder, especially when hot. On one of the
two, it was damn near like rowing the lever through mollases in

BTW, that part is NLA, so I've been doing some welding to them when
they get sloppy.