Pesky flywheel pins

kneale at kneale at
Thu Apr 16 14:47:58 PDT 2009

The shop where I had mine resurfaced left the timing pin in place (you only
need the clutch side redone) and pulled/replaced all the clutch side pins.
The longer pins play a part in the original factory timing process and are
unnecessary, I've been told.

Original Message:
From:  rbade12 at
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:21:53 -0400
To: 200q20v at
Subject: Pesky flywheel pins

I need my flywheel resurfaced. I've gotten the 3 shorter locating pins out.
The two longer pins, that seem to serve no purpose, wouldn't come out
easily. I broke them off flush with the flywheel. Do I need to drill them
out and replace them or can I eliminate them? The pin which is on the
engine side of the flywheel is important it appears [timing pin?]. That pin
will not come out easily. I don't want to mess it up. Does it need to come
out to get the flywheel surfaced?

Thanks, Bob
200q20v mailing list

-------------------------------------------------------------------- – What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?