Transmission questions

Lavine, David David.Lavine at
Wed Apr 22 12:07:15 PDT 2009

type44 v8q- 1991 tranny case 016- torsen center differential

type44 20v 200-1991 tranny case 016- torsen center differential
final 4.11:1
Stolen from motorgeek. Scottmandu had a couple of V8 transmissions for sale don't know if he still does.

-----Original Message-----
From: 200q20v-bounces at [mailto:200q20v-bounces at] On Behalf Of Ben Swann
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:03 PM
To: 'Brett Dikeman'
Subject: RE: Transmission questions

Assuming I install the trans on a 200Q with engine that will deal with torque, will it
work OK - bolt up using 200 flywheel and clutch and work OK with final drive to rear
diff?  I don't think gear ratio would be a problem unless the first gear were especially
high.  I was looking to mate the trans with a more powerful I5 engine - although it
would not be as torquey as the V8 to be sure.