Transmission questions

Ed Kellock ekellock at
Wed Apr 22 14:50:34 PDT 2009

I didn't realize there was a difference in ratios, and I have one of each of

If you're going to increase the power of the 200 then the ratios for the V8
may not be a bad trade off, depending on what your end goal is.

Up here at 6100ft elevation, I wouldn't mind the 200 ratios in my V8 5spd.
But it's resting, waiting for a 4.2 swap so I think it'll be good then.

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-bounces at [mailto:quattro-bounces at] On
Behalf Of Ben Swann
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:03 PM
To: 'Brett Dikeman'
Subject: RE: Transmission questions

Assuming I install the trans on a 200Q with engine that will deal with
torque, will it work OK - bolt up using 200 flywheel and clutch and work OK
with final drive to rear diff?  I don't think gear ratio would be a problem
unless the first gear were especially high.  I was looking to mate the trans
with a more powerful I5 engine - although it would not be as torquey as the
V8 to be sure.