Is it the TPS?

kneale at kneale at
Sun Aug 9 13:35:18 PDT 2009

MM is a Samco with the fancy clamps, but I'll check 'em out.  I'll also try
a pressure check to look for leakages.

Original Message:
From: Phil Rose pjrose at
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 15:27:19 -0400
To: kneale at, 200q20v at
Subject: Re: Is it the TPS?

Possibly TPS, but also consider possibility of a torn hose or loose
clamp--suddenly "letting go" at some level of boost pressure. I
assume your car is chipped? Have you looked closely at the throttle
boot lately? A tear (near the edge of the clamp on the inner side you
can't see easily) caused a similar symptom in my car. I detected the
source of the leak with a pressure tester. Also, a split Michelin Man
hose can sometimes "burp" suddenly when near the max boost pressure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- - Microsoft® Exchange solutions from a leading provider -