TPS fault code

David G daveglu at
Tue Aug 11 22:36:30 PDT 2009

My car is in limp mode and fault code indicates TPS, but as far as I can
tell (ohm meter, disassemble and check) and also checking adjustment, still
sets the code.
car is completely stock.

At this point I may swap TPS's with another car to see what happens, any
other suggestions?

Dave G

----- Original Message -----
From: "Austin Calise" <yoda_audi at>
To: <200q20v at>
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: Is it the TPS?e

1st is there a fault code for the TPS? If not have you checked the ohm's to
see if it's in spec?
Does the tps click while closing? Have you checked your spark plugs?
Assuming they are the stock f5dpor how old are they? Is the car chipped if
so how much boost are your producing?
Anything higher than 22psi on the 2.5 PT is not good.

HTH's Austin