Is it the TPS?

rbade12 at rbade12 at
Thu Aug 13 15:04:52 PDT 2009

 Excellent, I'm glad you found it! Now, who had intake tract in the pool?   Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: kneale at <kneale at>
To: 200q20v at
Sent: Thu, Aug 13, 2009 1:13 pm
Subject: Re:  Is it the TPS?

Air leak testing (see
) determined I had a little leak from the hose clamp at the turbo inlet
having been left untightened by someone before I bought the car, but
especially a large leak at the point the throttle body attaches to the
intake manifolod.

I had the throttle body off a while back to replace the valve cover gaskets
and I did not replace the paper gasket, which was kind of split in half,
but rather spread some hylemar on the halves.  Worked for a while.

I've been planning on replacing the throttle body because the famous
plastic cable keeper has disintigrated, so I guess I'll get that and a new

Thanks all for contributing ideas on why my avant doesn't like to go
all-out anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- – What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?