Is it the TPS?

Phil Rose pjrose at
Thu Aug 13 17:42:40 PDT 2009

At 2:13 PM -0400 8/13/09, kneale at wrote:
>I've been planning on replacing the throttle body because the famous
>plastic cable keeper has disintigrated, so I guess I'll get that and a new

Last time I checked, a new (available dealer-only) throttle body cost
something like $600. So I hope you can find a  donor car for a good
used part. In my opinion, the cable end can be anchored very securely
by various improvised means, so replacement of the entire TB can
safely be avoided (also, how long will a 18 yr-old used TB last
before the keeper breaks?)

Phil Rose.....Rochester, NY USA
'06 A3q 3.2 V6 (23K, silver)
'91 200q	(166K, Lago blue)