Brake fittings (conections to front UFO flex hose) frozen,

John Lagnese jlagnese at
Mon Jan 12 17:24:48 PST 2009

What are you trying to do? You could cut the brake hose and use a
rounded nut/stud remover. (I have my craftsman set and it is sweet!)
Then you can use a wrench or a pair of visegrips on the brake line.

-----Original Message-----
From: 200q20v-bounces at [mailto:200q20v-bounces at]
On Behalf Of alancordeiro at
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 1:26 AM
To: 200q20v at
Subject: Brake fittings (conections to front UFO flex hose) frozen,

I spent a frustrating two days waiting for penetrating fluid to do its
work, but as of tonight, I have still not succeeded in separating either
of the two fixed lines from the flexible rubber hose on the driver's
front wheel.

After jacking up the car, I pre treated the fittings with liquid wrench
and waited a few hours before attempting to open. When they would not
budge, I kept adding the penetrating fluid spray and waited overnight to
try again. as of this afternoon and evening, I have only manager to
round off the upper nut, and partially round off the lower nut, with my
11 mm flare wrench. I even used a vicegrip on the upper nut, but they
both seem to be welded to the intermediate flex hose. Besides Liquid
wrench, I also used PB Blaster, and as small amount of heat.

I have put back the wheel and parked the car outside....awaiting some
BTDT advice from this group, thanks.
(Patient is a '91 200q with the original hose and UFO calipers, I
believe the fittings have never been opened since they were assembled at
the factory, unless the previous owner did them in the first seven years
and 100k.)

Alan Cordeiro