Brake fittings (conections to front UFO flex hose) frozen,

PeterBergin at PeterBergin at
Mon Jan 12 17:44:45 PST 2009

So Bernie, I have to ask, with the few oil changes and little maintance on
your 200, does it have more that 25k on the clock and does it live  indoors.
Yea, I blew a front brake line on my old 5k Avant at 7 years of age and  150k
on the clock.  Wasn't pretty, for what ever reason I lost all brakes  pulling
a snowmobile trailer in a snow storm in -10 weather.
I had notice some minor cracks in the rubber shortly before when putting on
the snow tires, figured I would wait to spring to replace lines, BIG  MISTAKE!
My 91 had cracking lines at 125k. Replace them all for less than $100,  still
look good 6 years later at 230k.