OMG I HATE this F'ing car!!!!!

robert weinberg centaurus3200 at
Fri Jul 10 14:58:34 PDT 2009

i can pull the pedal up by hand and it stays up . and i can push it back to the floor and it stays down. it is NOT stuck. the pedal just doesn't do what it supposed to. like operate the clutch ;-)

see ya,

From: Kent McLean <kentmclean at>
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 8:02:44 AM
Subject: Re: OMG I HATE this F'ing car!!!!!

alancordeiro at wrote:
> Most likely failure with the clutch pedal stuck down is master cylinder
> failure. A slave failure or hose failure would probably have the pedal come
> up slowly. I once had a different failure on an earlier car (1985 5kq) where
> the push-rod between the pedal and the master cylinder broke at one of the
> thinner might even be this....

And on my 200 10V, the tab on the clutch pedal itself broke. The pedal stuck
to the floor. You could pull it up by hand, and it would stay up.

Kent McLean
1999 A4 Avant, V6 Tiptronic
1991 200 TQA #3, with mods
1990 V8 w/5-speed and other mods
gone: '91 200 TQA x2, '94 100 S Avant, '89 200 TQ "Bad Puppy"