Coolant pump, thermoswitch

Austin Calise yoda_audi at
Sun Mar 22 13:48:21 PDT 2009

Danny, the switch is on the water manifold under the intake manifold kinda got just reach your arm in there from above. Keep in mind the afterun fan will only run if the car is really hot at shut down. Link to pic of the location of the sensor
As far as the switch attached to the water pump I assume you mean the aux. electric h20 pump? It's not a switch at all, it is just the pumps electrical connector.

HTH's Austin

--- On Sun, 3/22/09, Danny <pyro_10314 at> wrote:
From: Danny <pyro_10314 at>
Subject: Coolant pump, thermoswitch
To: 200q20v at
Date: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 4:18 PM

Whats up all. Decided to finally try to figure out why my after run fan doesnt
come on.  the bentley says to disconnect the thermoswitch wires and attach em
together. I havent really gone crazy at it, but my question is, how the hell do
you reach it? From underneath? Anyone btdt? Also what does the switch attached
to the coolant pump do? the bentley doesnt show it, although im probably lookin
at the wrong page. tia