building boost, but butt dyno says less power

robert weinberg centaurus3200 at
Fri May 8 14:35:34 PDT 2009

hi all,

probably just my imagination. car runs pretty good, but just curious. what would be some reasons as to why my car hits 1.7 bar on the stock gauge every time. it's running an IA3+ with a 3 bar map sensor so the gauge reads lower than without the chip. but the 1.7 bar these days, feels less frisky than it's usual 1.7 bar - throw you through the back window - sort of rush.

car runs smooth, pulls to redline. just wondering what would contribute to solid boost, but less of a kick in the pants?

hopefully this makes sense.