building boost, but butt dyno says less power

rbade12 at rbade12 at
Fri May 8 15:52:46 PDT 2009

 When was your butt dyno last calibrated. Cals tend to decline over periods of ownership, hence aftermarketing.

Don't f with it if it ain't broke!

-----Original Message-----
From: robert weinberg <centaurus3200 at>
Sent: Fri, 8 May 2009 4:35 pm
Subject: building boost, but butt dyno says less power

hi all,

probably just my imagination. car runs pretty good, but just curious. what would
be some reasons as to why my car hits 1.7 bar on the stock gauge every time.
it's running an IA3+ with a 3 bar map sensor so the gauge reads lower than
without the chip. but the 1.7 bar these days, feels less frisky than it's usual
1.7 bar - throw you through the back window - sort of rush.

car runs smooth, pulls to redline. just wondering what would contribute to solid
boost, but less of a kick in the pants?

hopefully this makes sense.