building boost, but butt dyno says less power

Brandon Rogers brogers at
Mon May 11 08:59:21 PDT 2009

Spring and summer bring warmer temps - and hence less combustion energy.
That's my guess for you.

-----Original Message-----
From: 200q20v-bounces at [mailto:200q20v-bounces at] On
Behalf Of robert weinberg
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 3:36 PM
To: 200q20V mailing list
Subject: building boost, but butt dyno says less power

hi all,

probably just my imagination. car runs pretty good, but just curious. what
would be some reasons as to why my car hits 1.7 bar on the stock gauge every
time. it's running an IA3+ with a 3 bar map sensor so the gauge reads lower
than without the chip. but the 1.7 bar these days, feels less frisky than
it's usual 1.7 bar - throw you through the back window - sort of rush.

car runs smooth, pulls to redline. just wondering what would contribute to
solid boost, but less of a kick in the pants?

hopefully this makes sense.